Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Class Summary 12/4/12 - 12/5/12

Yesterday in class we looked at the different candidates for president in the 1860 election. We started class by looking at a picture with the four candidates, who were presented in a way that described their ideas of slavery metaphorically. Lincoln, Breckinridge, and Douglass were tearing down the picture of the map of the US while Bell was trying to glue it back together. I believe that this was propaganda and trying to persuade you to vote for Bell. We then went into further depth about all of the canidates.
Today we had an Ed Cafe on the people that we talked about in our voice threads. I had Daniel Webster and although he was important I didn't have much to argue on the slavery front. I like talking to people about what we are going to be tested on the next day because it sticks in my brain I just wish we did the voice thread more recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment