Monday, February 4, 2013

Class Summary 2/1/13 - 2/4/13

On Friday in class, we read about Andrew Johnson. Andrew Johnson was the 17th President of the United States who despite never going to school achieved his dreams. He had the drive and dedication to educate himself and become one of the most powerful people in the US. Today in class we took more notes on the Reconstruction Period, this time focusing on the southerners response to the freeing of slaves. We talked about the Ku Klux Klan, the first terrorist origination in the U.S. I remember learning about them in elementary school and being terrified of those creepy insane people in their pointy white hood things. If I personally was an African-American in that time I think I would lock myself in my room and never come out... it is awful that the government let the KKK have this much power influence over the people, making them constantly live in fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment