Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Artifacts That Describe Me


The first artifact that would describe's me is my pillow. Whenever I get the question "If you were to be put on an island where you're only allowed to have one thing you own, what would it be?" unlike the common response of electronics, I answer with, "my pillow". I sleep with only one pillow when I go to bed, unlike some of my friends who have so many stacked on top of one another they might as well sleep sitting up. If I ever sleep with another pillow that's not my own, I will wake up with a sore neck. Its like I'm the princess and the pea. Not to mention I love sleeping. I am very particular, and that trait shows through even with something as little as a pillow.  

The Second artifact that would describe me is a cellphone. This is not because I couldn't live without it, because I can- in fact I am constantly losing my phone for months and I hate texting, but because I love to talk and socialize with people.  I can have a conversation or argument with someone for hours, I love to hear their opinion and state my own, whether it is about the latest gossip or more serious topics. Because of my love for conversation and interaction with others although the cell phone itself is not important to me its concept is.

The third artifact that would describe me is my rings. I wear my rings everywhere I go, I have a tiny box just for them. I started wearing rings in sixth grade and they suddenly became my obsession. I typically will wear around five a day. When I don't have on my rings I am constantly rubbing my fingers and freaking out thinking that I lost them. If in the morning I forget to put them on when I notice them missing on the bus it ruin's my whole day. Its funny to think that jewelry can become so special to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment